Top 5 Signs Your Feelings Are Making You Fat
- You feel disconnected and disoriented by strong emotions during family encounters, and you turn to food to calm down.
- During stressful times, you can gain weight without eating extra food.
- In your experience, fear and excess food go together.
- When you feel emotionally unsafe, food is temporarily calming and makes you feel grounded and secure, if only for a few seconds.
- You feel powerless when you’re in an emotional eating phase and powerful when you think you’ve got it handled.