That you are here is indication there is something for you to create, be and do. With every new idea your life becomes a canvass to be filled. There is nothing to complete because life is always in motion, life is always evolving and you are always growing. Nothing you have done so far was the end only the first in the series of steps waiting for more to be added to form that which you will become. Worry not that all the education, jobs, activities, or creations do not seem to go together for they will all mesh together as the collective ingredients in what you will create, be and do in the future.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

If you Chase Two Rabbits both will Escape


Most of my life I have struggled to focus down on one thing for any great length of time. I am an extremely creative person and what you might call a doer. Busy busy busy I am. Sometimes it’s just my mind that is busy. I enjoy doing many things such as painting, writing, sewing, decorating, or just making things. I have so many interests and skills in these areas, and I often have difficulty focusing on one of them. One project spawn’s ideas for another and then another and so on. Great ideas come to me, I get excited and then, well I don’t know. Various things can occur; another idea, a road block or a detour in life. In the last five or six years I’ve traveled the world extensively and that posed many detours in my projects.

In the days of raising my three children I was involved with their needs, projects for school, their sporting events, or just the day to day tending’s. I had many little businesses when the children were young. I created a party business call Just Celebration’s, where I offered two clown’s doing a slapstick boxing routine, a specialized cake, that I made, games, face painting etc. I made the clown costumes and wrote the slapstick routine as well. My oldest daughter Tina was my first clown partner. We would practice our routine to perfection. Then one day when she could not participate due to her sport’s involvement my middle daughter, Kesha at the young age of eight, stepped in providing a jovial delight to the children as a baby clown. Well there were many other businesses to say the least. I was trying to keep my creative side in motion alongside raising children. I made everything thing they wore, I sewed their curtains, comforter’s and dolls. I made homemade everything from bread to tortillas.

Once they were grown I began asking myself what I should do with my life. Where will I head now and what shall I be? I returned to college, having quit because the pressure of raising three children, and graduated. Then ended up in foreign country where, due to the language barrier, I could not practice my college major. Now what?

I busied myself with numerous projects’ that only stimulated me for short periods of time and I never seem to make anything go any further. I explained my path in the previous blog.


Shortly before the moment I decided to become a Motivational Speaker/Teacher I was having lunch with my dear sweet friend Carrie, on a trip to Houston Texas, at an Asian restaurant. We had a lovely lunch catching up on the details of each other’s life over the last three months since I had seen her last. I was dreading her question. So what are you doing these days? Of course in came because everyone knows that I’m always I’m doing something, usually something big. I had been teaching art at a private school in Germany and was teaching English to a small child weekly but other than that I was dabbling. Yes dabbling, it is what I often find myself doing when I don’t know what to do or even want to do. I told Carrie these things ending with, “Ya know I just don’t know what I want to do when I grow up” She laughed.

We then began discussing the issue of focus. Focusing on something significant and worthy is a difficulty many have. We focus on T.V., we focus on a lover, children, world event’s or work. My mind can wander from thing to thing like many others. And even when I finally choose something, I am interested in, to focus on I usually end up talking myself out that thing into something else I’m sure is of greater value and that might be a better Career for me, more accurately the Right Career.

Dabbling as I do none of my project grew into anything significant and I would become frustrated and eventually disheartened that moved into kind a low key depression that resembled laziness.

What people label as laziness, I’ve discovered, is not laziness at all it’s actually a state of being called “Uninspired”

Unfocused, uninspired and unmotivated, yikes, these are depressing states. The UN’S, are disappointing.

I had studied “The Law of Attraction” enough by this time to know that the way you manifest what you want is to focus on what you want. This creates the path for the universe to respond. Like attract like and so the universe matches that which you think or speak about.

But still I just kept saying, “I don’t know what’s wrong, I just can’t seem to accomplish anything.”

So what does this all have to do with rabbit’s? Well I’m getting that.

Back to lunch with Carrie; we had had an interesting conversation that really only left more question’s, about focus, than answer’s. But non-the-less we had enjoyed our time together and now we came to the time in an Asian meal for my favorite part, the fortune cookie.

The waitress set the small tin plate down, in the middle of the table, with two fortune cookies atop. Carrie looked at me and said, “Go ahead”
So I chose mine and she chose hers. Quietly we opened our prize.

And I just began laughing. You know that laugh of Aha, a revelation laugh when ya just suddenly get it.

“What?” Carrie inquired.

“Listen to this one”
“If you chase two rabbit’s both will escape”
We laughed and she knew as well as I had, this was the answer.

FOCUS on one thing and only one thing at a time. I had been running in circles chasing rabbit’s. Most of the time I chased many more than two rabbit’s and certainly I did not catch one let alone all of them.

Carrie took the fortune and had it laminated for me. I have carried this fortune in my purse ever since. And when I find myself going in circle chasing rabbit’s of many, I read my fortune and remember.

Today I will chase one rabbit and catch him.
I will focus on one thing and it will be manifested.

Be Well
Love Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment