That you are here is indication there is something for you to create, be and do. With every new idea your life becomes a canvass to be filled. There is nothing to complete because life is always in motion, life is always evolving and you are always growing. Nothing you have done so far was the end only the first in the series of steps waiting for more to be added to form that which you will become. Worry not that all the education, jobs, activities, or creations do not seem to go together for they will all mesh together as the collective ingredients in what you will create, be and do in the future.

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Matter of Opinion

A Good morning, to you all, from my little room at the top of my castle. The sky is of a drab gray, but the birds still sing. Today I will be writing on a subject that I’ve struggled with myself and I know you do as well, at least at some point in your life, worrying about others,

Opinion: Noun, a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

Addressing something I said last post as well as a number of others, the most damaging dogma in most religions is, “You are not worthy, you do not deserve for you are a sinner” This fits quite nicely with the theme of today.

Stop listening and believing other people’s opinions! Listening and entertaining other people’s opinions on whom you are, what you should do and how you should behave elicits their manifestations for your life instead of yours. The only one that will be happy with that life will be other people. And if you are listening to more than one person you will go insane trying to please everyone, meanwhile you will experience great unhappiness.

Why, like the religious message, do we conduct our life according to other people’s opinion?

The only opinion that matters is yours. My husband always says; “attend to only this, as he makes a circle with his arms around his body, your space. This is your only concern or business.” What other people are doing or saying isn’t any of your business. If everyone was attending to their own experience what a magnificent experience all would have.

Opinion=Thought=Belief=Matter=Manifestation

Opinion is just a thought someone has based on a belief THEY hold, which creates matter, manifests. Matter, the physical stuff, is manifested out of thought.

So whose thoughts do you want to manifest? How many peoples’ lives are you trying to live? I lived numerous peoples’ lives for many years, was never really happy and ultimately neither where they for very long; namely because I could only please one person at a time and usually that person wasn’t me.

Caring about what others think is very detrimental to your happiness. And if you continue to care about what everyone thinks you will continue to be unhappy.

Who are these people anyway? Do they really know what’s in your mind body and soul? Do they really know what is best for you or what will make you happy? I think not!

I made a decision some time back to be who I wanted to be and go where I wanted to go. It can be a little sticky when you first take that leap and decide to leave other peoples opinion out of your equation and live your life the way you desire. I picked up roots, from the core family, and moved to Germany and ohh the wailing that went on. I had left them to take care of themselves, live the life they chose and seek my joy. They pretended to be supportive but now and then it slipped out that they believed me to be selfish. I didn’t stay with the tribe, do as the tribe did, please the tribe and suffer as the tribe did. I had defected. Many of them, because they were unhappy with their lives, tried to blame me for their misery. If I had stayed I would have made them happier. I doubt it, as I’ve never really seen any of them in any continuous joyous state anyhow. For many years, in the past, I could go from a joyous state, hear someone’s negative idea of me, and find myself in a state of hateful self-criticism. With one opinion, someone else’s belief I manifested misery. It wasn’t even my opinion, my thought that launched the manifestation, but I ran with it as if God had wagged a finger at me in displeasure.

Why do other people’s opinions matter to us so much, because we think if we gain others acceptance we have been given the authorization to continue with that which they approve. We are caught up in believing that we are not the authority. So in order to go forward we must get authorization, validation that what we are thinking, doing or being is right.

We are caught up in believing in right and wrong, good and bad and usually according to someone else, which changes with each person that opens their mouth.

If you really feel like you need to analyze this then do so. Think of someone or more than one and notice their lives. Do they have a grand, joyous and abundant life? Are they successful in all parts of their lives? If not, then why would their opinion or ideas of how you should live your life matter? Until the last few years I knew no one who had a life that I desired. I knew no one, personally, who lived a life of joy and abundance. So why should we let anyone’s idea for our life matter.

You are the only one whose opinion matters.

Some might say, “Well doesn’t my spouses opinion matter? Shouldn’t I consider them?”
Why? Do they not love you already? If the answer is no, then get the hell out of there now! A spouse’s opinion may be considered in as far as it has to do with shared concerns. But on a personal concern their opinion does not matter.

I used to walk lightly as to not disturb someone else, in my own home.
I used to say what others wanted to hear, so they would be happy
I used to be what others wanted so they would love me

I used to care what others thought of me.

I no longer walk quietly, speak untruths, and perform for others and they all still love me. They whine sometimes, but I turn it around with one simples statement, “I am Happy” What more can be said. The usual response is, “I’m glad you are happy” Some say, “I wish I was happy” Then I direct them to my blog, hee hee.

How many people do you think have dropped out of my life with the action of this blog? How many new people do you think are now my proponents? It is gradually balancing out even.

This is your life to live the way you desire.

I am not a sheep, I am not a chameleon and I am not a clone.
I am unique. You are unique.
You are the authority figure for your life, no one else. Your gift, to yourself, and to the world is your uniqueness.

I want to know the people in this world who have gone their own unique direction not the people whom resemble most others.

I am reminded of a response from my grandmother when someone told her I was in Singapore (some years back) she said, “What is she doing in Singapore?” She was utterly baffled, confused and dismayed. She just could not understand why I would ever be there. Equally she has wondered this every time I traveled to another country.

I am off to Croatia in two weeks. Why? Because I want too. I desire all the experiences I can possibly have. I want all the joy possible. I want to understand as much of my world as I can in every life time. Every time I experience another culture I learn something that ultimately clears up something I did not understand prior, sometimes I find that I previously thought I understood something, realized I had not, but now do. And the most important aspect, I am living a life of joy.

Ultimately I am an example, I hope, for others to live a life of joy.

Those who are most remembered and are most inspiring are those who risked thinking differently. And we admire them.

Be admirable! Be Happy!

Be Well
Love Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment